Sketchup experiment

Sketch up Week One

I decided to base this model on the sections i drew of the words 'simplicity' and connectivity'. I tried to achieve the idea of simplicity, through the use of simple triangular shapes to create a form. i also chose to use different coloured glass walls, this was to highlight the differing angles and shapes within this model.

I proceeded by creating an elegant structure attached to an irregular rectangular prism to create the underground space. However, it was found that this was rather unrealistic and impractical, as the actual underground structure would not be visible.

Week Two Progress update


After deliberation with my tutor and peers, it was pointed out that my initial model needed a greater sense of 'space'. So i restarted my model and played around with angles and shapes, to produce this upper section. Still retaining the idea of transparent coloured glass.